Embrey Partners LLC
San Antonio-based Embrey Partners LLC is a diversified real estate investment company that owns, develops, builds, acquires, and manages multifamily residential communities in ten major markets across the United States. Embrey is a leading developer in the multifamily sector, our market experience and success are hard to match. Embrey is committed to creating places where people want to be and to always do the right thing, this is ‘The Embrey Way’. With nearly 50 years in business, more than 6,000 units under construction and close to 11,000 units under management, at Embrey we do more than build places to work and live. We design the experience and together as ONE EMBREY we deliver exceptional results.
Our values: One Embrey – Our team is our greatest asset. Do the right thing – Honest, Responsible, Stewards. Details Matter – Design the experience. Rise to the Challenge – Entrepreneurial, Learning. Own it – Empowered, Accountable.
Team Embrey is looking for a Construction Accountant to join our Accounting team as we continue to grow & expand.
As our Construction Accountant, you will be responsible for the accounting support of the Construction department by compiling project draws, monitoring cash, and preparing financial reports.
- Prepare monthly construction draws to be submitted to lenders.
- Prepare financial statements, monthly reports for construction department and record budget revisions.
- Prepare and record journal entries to include but not limited to tax, insurance accruals and construction activity.
- Monitor receipt of lender and equity funding.
- Reconcile all subsidiary ledgers to the general ledger monthly.
- Import construction related contractor invoices.
- Process and record ACH payments.
- Reconcile bank accounts and intercompany accounts.
- Prepare audit/tax schedules as required.
- Perform other duties, tasks and special projects as assigned.
- 4 + years’ experience in a construction job cost accounting role.
- Strong attention to detail; deadline- and results-focused.
- Experience utilizing Sage 300 and Timberline strongly desired.
- Timberscan, Textura and Procore experience preferred.
- Able to easily navigate Microsoft office suite; strong abilities to develop spreadsheets.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Accounting or related field preferred.
Position type: salary, full-time with competitive pay & benefits (medical/dental/vision insurance, PTO, flexible work schedule, 401k, company-paid life insurance & LTD); Position location: corporate office in San Antonio, TX (Hybrid)
Link to the career center to apply:
CFMA San Antonio Chapter list openings in the San Antonio area for accounting and finance professionals in the construction industry.
If you would like to list a job on this site, please contact Kelly Dando.
A website update fee of $50 will be charged for members and $75 for non-members.
Or, for national exposure, visit the national CFMA Career Center, where job seekers may post their resumes free of charge.