CINDY P. DENNIS SCHOLARSHIP FUND
CFMA San Antonio Chapter Scholarships 2017
The San Antonio Chapter of Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA) is accepting scholarship applications from persons pursuing
careers in accounting and construction. Each award will be a one‐time award; however, recipients are eligible to reapply for subsequent year
awards. Amounts are at the discretion of the Committee and may vary from year to year, but usually average between $500 and $2,500.
Minimum eligibility criteria are as follows:
• Must be a candidate for a degree in accounting, business (construction emphasis), engineering, construction management, or
architecture at any accredited college or university.
• Must be taking a minimum of 12 hours. Candidates taking less than 12 hours are eligible for partial to full scholarships at the discretion of
the Scholarship Committee. Any candidate taking less than 12 hours should include explanation in the application.
• Must have a high school scholastic A average at the end of fall semester of senior year. OR Must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA, if
already in college.
Applicants should submit the following:
• Application form including name, address, telephone number, e‐mail address, scholastic and employment history, a summary of
extracurricular and outside activities, needs based assessment, and applicant signature
• High school transcript through fall semester of senior year OR cumulative college transcripts for classes taken to date
• Essay, minimum 300 words, on “why pursuing chosen major and how it relates to construction”. – Must write an original essay for each
• A minimum of two (2) letters of recommendation from non‐family members
Mail application to:
CFMA - San Antonio Chapter
Attn: Stephanie Harms
100 N.E. Loop 410, Suite 1100
San Antonio, Texas 78216
Deadline for applications: April 28, 2017
Note: Scholarship recipients are expected to attend Scholarship Award Luncheon on Thursday, June 15, 2017.